Sunday, August 2, 2009

May 31, 2009: La Costa Rasta




Yesterday I tried a beer called Jagged Little Pilsner that's made by a little microbrewery called Backstreet Brewery. I was so surprised by the Jagged Little Pilsner that I decided to come back to the same pizza joint to try a different brew from Backstreet. Today I'm drinking La Costa Rasta. La Costa Rasta is a dark, sweet stout with a very complex aroma and taste. When you first smell La Costa Rasta, scents of Coffee, Chocolate and Molassess greet the nostrils invitingly. The sweet molassess scent extends to the taste, complimented by the bitter edge of the hops that seems to float just below the surface. La Costa Rasta is smooth and thick like most stouts, but feels a bit thinner and more manageable than something like Guinness that drinks like a three course meal in a glass. La Costa Rasta has definitely piqued my interest further in Backstreet Brewery, so watch this space for more of their beers in the futute.

Cheers!
Ian

http://www.lamppostpizza.com/backstreet/index.html


p.s. Yes, I wore the same shirt two days in a row for those of you who were paying attention. I'm lazy ok? Get over it.

No comments: