Thursday, July 9, 2009

May 25, 2009: Budweiser American Ale




Tonight I'm trying Budweiser's newest beer Budweiser American Ale and I'm a little bit skeptical. American ale? What the bloody hell is American ale? Did they somehow invent a whole new recipe that the entire brewing world has been oblivious to? Actually that would be a whole lot more interesting if that were the case, but instead they've just decided to brew an amber ale and call it American ale. Whatever.

Anyway, if you look past the absurb name of American ale, this is a really decent beer. Budweiser American Ale is brewed with caramel malted barley, and the scent of caramel is evident right from the first pour, as well as cascade hops and a hint of honey on top. Budweiser American Ale is good alternative to the standard Budweiser which some beer fans find to be a bit lackluster or uninspired (before I start getting hate mail, let me say that I love Budweiser, so don't send me a message calling me a commie or anything please). Budweiser American Ale has a bit more heft to it than Bud original, so it feels a bit thicker going down but not too bad. My favorite thing about Budweiser American Ale though is the sweetness that comes across in the malt. All in all this is a solid beer, but not really anything special.

Cheers,
Ian

No comments: