Saturday, July 11, 2009

May 26, 2009: Erdinger




Tonight I'm drinking a German Hef called Erdinger. Erdinger claims to be the biggest brewer of wheat beers in the world, and sells pretty well throughout Germany and the European Union, although it has virtually no presence in the import market in America. I'd read a few reviews about Erdinger's Weissbier online, which led me to expect the worst. Erdinger pours a murky yellowish gold with an impressive head that sticks around for a bit. I pick up scents of lemon, pepper and wheat in the aroma, and the taste was pretty much the traditional wheaty flavor that's become the standard for hefeweizens. All in all, I would rate this beer as above average, but not quite good. There are definitely many other hefs that I would choose before Erdinger, but try this one if you can find it and decide for yourself.

Prost!
Ian

http://www.erdinger.de/

No comments: