Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 11, 2009: Bruegel




Ok, so it's been a busy week for me and I'm now like five days behind on the blog. Shit....how did this happen? How have I not been able to find fifteen minutes out of the day the write about a beer? I guess it's not that important why I've gotten into this mess, but how I'm going to dig myself out of this five day hole that I've trapped myself in. As much as it pains me to come this conclusion, the only choice I have is to make a few abbreviated posts. To my loyal readers I am truly sorry, but I will make it up to you later I promise!

Today's beer comes from one of my favorite brewing countries in the world, Belgium. Belgium is know for producing both fine ales and lagers, and Bruegel is a nice reddish ale with a ton of flavor. Named after the famous Dutch painter Pieter Bruegel from the 16th century, and just like his classic paintings, Bruegel is a complex work of brewing art. There were so many different tastes jumping out at me in this ale that I'm not quite sure how to describe it other than simply saying that Bruegel is delicious. Even for those of you out there who don't consider yourselves to be beer lover, there is something for you to enjoy in the beer. It's rare for a beer to bridge to gap between different tastes, but Bruegel is one of those special brews that can appeal to a very wide range of people. Plus it comes in a funky little odd shaped bottle. Very Classy!

Op uw gezondheid and A Votre Sante!
Ian

http://www.vansteenberge.com/

No comments: