Monday, February 16, 2009

February 14, 2009: Great Scot Organic Ale




It's Valentines day today, the worlds worst excuse for a holiday ever. I know what you're probably thinking; this guys the typical single bitter asshole who gets all bent out of shape on Valentines day. Nothing could be further from the truth, I am very happily committed to same woman for three and a half years. No, what really gets my goat when it comes to Valentines day is the unrealistic expectations and insane pressure it puts on every living adult. Valentines day makes every man in a relationship feel like he has something to prove. You're supposed to come up with some sort of grand gesture to show your beloved how much you truly love her. I've never been a fan of forced gestures of romance, so I'm not exactly into the whole Valentines day thing. That being said, I understand why my girlfriend is, so I've decent to make a new meal for her at home tonight and just enjoy each other's company.

My beer for tonight is Great Scot Organic Ale, and I'm excited to try it. It's about medium lightness for an ale, and it tastse really natural. Caledonian breweries was smart to capitalize on the growing trend of "going green" but introducing this eco-friendly ale to the world. One really unique feature of the Great Scot Organic Ale was that the beer had the familiar bitterness you would expect from an ale, but none of the bite in the aftertaste. With each sip I was expecting my tastebuds to become overwhelmed with waves of bitterness that never came. I'm not a huge fan of aftertaste because it often ruins what would have otherwise been a good beer, so I'm really enjoying this Great Scot Organic Ale tonight. This Scottish ale started out strong, but tasted more and more watery toward the end, but it wasn't too bad. All in all, Great Scot Organic Ale is a great choice for the beer lover who is looking for an environmentally sound brew to enjoy.

Cheers,
Ian

http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/home.php

No comments: