Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 2, 2009: Anderson Valley Poleeko Gold Pale Ale




Every man needs his hobbies. Some of us are into sports. Some of us are into videos games. Some of us are into art and music. And if you're really sick, you're into all of these things and more. It seems like I have to many hobbies lately. I have so many different interests that eventually some hobbies get pushed to the side and other new hobbies take their place. My latest hobby? Gardening.

That's right, gardening. I'll give you all a few moments to collect your thoughts and stop laughing before I explain my new passion......... there we go.

If you've ever lived in an apartment complex, you know what it's like to come home to the same little space crammed in among dozens of other little spaces every day, day in and day out. It can get to be a bit monotonous coming home to the same drab little space all the time. I spend a lot of my free time out on my patio in the fresh air, so why not spruce the place up a bit. All I did was plant a couple of petunias and marigolds, and the space was transformed almost instantly. To celebrate my new space, I've decided to crack open a bottle of Anderson Valley's Poleeko Gold Pale Ale and just enjoy the beautiful weather. I probably couldn't have picked a more perfect beer for the occasion, because Poleeko Gold Pale Ale is really hitting the spot right now. This beer pours a cloudy, golden yellow with an average head and decent lacing. I can really detect a hint of orange peel and flowers in Poleeko Gold Pale Ale, which seems perfect on this warm spring afternoon in my garden. The taste is hoppy and crisp, but the mouthfeel is a little bit thin and watery for a pale ale of this quality. Still, Poleeko Gold Pale Ale is an exceedingly refreshing beer, and the perfect compliment to a beautiful day like this. Get off of your couch, take in a little fresh air, crack open a bottle of Poleeko Gold Pale Ale and seize the day. And don't forget to water thos petunias.

Cheers!
Ian

http://www.avbc.com/

No comments: