Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 12, 2009: Baltika 2




Ok, so I'll admit that so far the beers that I've tried from the Baltika brewery so far have surpassed my expectations. To be honest, coming from an enormous macrobrewery in Russia, I wasn't expecting much from this company, but I've been somewhat impressed with the quality of their different beers. Tonight I'm drinking another offering from Baltika, Baltika 2 this time which is their version of a good old fashioned European style lager. Unfortunately, Baltika 2 doesn't even come close to the other Baltikas (3 and 4) that I've tried so far. I can't remember the last time that I had a beer that was so bland, lacking in character and downright boring.Baltika 2 seemed to copy the same exact, predictable old formula that so many of the world's boring lagers have used in years past. There wasn't anyone one special thing about Baltika 2 that stood out to me as being noteworthy or memorable. I have a bad habit of drinking beers that I enjoy way to fast because I just can't get enough, but I chug Baltika 2 for the exact opposite reason. I was so disappointed by Baltika 2 that I just wanted the whole experience to be over, as sad as that sounds.

So for those of you keeping score at home, let the record show: Good Baltika Beers:2 Bad Baltika Beers: 1.

Budem zdorovy!
Ian

www.Baltikabeer.com

No comments: