Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 3, 2009: Pike's Heirloom Amber Ale




To all of my faithful readers out there, I'd like to issue an apology. I've been so busy with school and work lately that it's been hard to find time to blog and I'm way behind. As I speak, I'm staring at seven beer bottles that are lining the top of my fridge, mocking my laziness. I'm in a mad rush to get back on track with these blog posts, so bear with me please!

Tonight I'm drinking another beer from the brewers at Pike called Pike Pale Heirloom Amber Ale. Amber ale is essentially an ale thats not quite dark enough to be considered a dark ale, which has found huge popularity in America and France of all places, but hasn't quite caught on in the rest of the beer drinking world. Pike Pale Heirloom Amber Ale is another fine offering from the Pike brewery, and I found this beer to be pretty tasty, but nothing extraordinary. The carbonation of Pike Pale Heirloom Amber Ale had a bit too much bite for my liking, but it had an acceptable mouthfeel. I'd describe the flavor as heavily nutty and grainy, but not overly hoppy. To be honest, there's not much in Heirloom Amber Ale to distinguish it among the other amber ales out there. I'm not sure if I would recommend Pike Pale Heirloom Amber Ale to my friends and fellow drinkers, but I would judge the brewers at Pike based on this one beer. I've had a lot of Pike's different beers and Heirloom was by far the most disappointing of their entire line of beers.

Cheers,
Ian

www.Pikebrewing.com

No comments: