Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 6, 2009: Red Nectar Ale




Coming to you from beautiful Paso Robles, California, from the brewers of last night's beer Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale, I present Red Nectar Ale for all of my faithful reader's humble consideration. Red Nectar Ale is brewed by Humboldt Brewing Co. which also made April 3rd's beer Hemp Ale, and is now owned by the Firestone Walker Brewery. Red Nectar is another fine example of an American style Amber Ale, and the taste is a fine balance of bitter floral hops and sweet malt. I don't have much to say about Red Nectar because today I'm pressed for time, and I don't feel like sitting around trying to conjure up something either positive or negative to say about this beer. Everything about Red Nectar from the taste, scent, mouthfeel, head and lacing is pretty much middle of the road. There's nothing revolutionary about this beer, but there's also no huge flaws to speak of. Whether you decide to try this beer or pass on it, it ultimately makes little difference because I'm willing to wager that like me, you'll forget about it almost as soon as you wash out the glass.

Cheers,
Ian

www.nectarales.com

No comments: