Friday, April 3, 2009

March 27, 2009: Blonde Frog Ale




Tonight's beer is called Blonde Frog Ale and it's best summed up by one simple word; yum. Blonde Frog was a surprisingly tasty beer, as I didn't expect much from a brewery that I'd never heard of before in the past. I'm starting to become more familiar with a lot of the more prominent microbreweries here on the west coast, but the Blue Frog Grog and Grill was not even close to being on my radar. Like a lot of other beer connoisseurs, I have a tendency to shy away from craft brews like Blonde Frog, mainly because I don't know what to expect and I'm afraid that I'm going to get a sub-par brew. Blonde Frog shattered all of my preconceived notions about what one should expect from a microbrewery. Like most good beers, Blonde Frog had many layers of complex flavors that became unveiled with every sip. Most notably, flavors wheat, honey and sweet almonds came out right away. I was also really pleased with the vibrant golden color of Blonde Frog and the excellent lacing that it exhibited. All in all, if I were to rank this beer on a scale of one to ten, I'd rate Blonde Frog at around 8.5. You're not going to find Blonde Frog in most places, but if you get the chance I highly recommend drinking this beer.

Cheers,
Ian

http://www.bigbluefrog.com

No comments: