Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 16, 2009: Kapuziner




Tonight's post will be a relatively short one, because to be quite honest, I've had so many Hefeweizens in the last two and a half months that I'm kind of running out of things to say about them. Tonight I'm drinking Kapuziner which is..... you guessed it, another Hefeweizen from good old Deutschland. A few weeks ago I had a beer from Germany called Weihenstephaner which I thought was the best Hefeweizen that I had tried yet for the 365brews project. Tonight's beer however has in fact supplanted Weihenstephaner as my favorite Hef. Kapuziner has a cloudier, murkier color than Weihenstephaner and it has a pleasing floral aroma that's apparent from the first pour. A good hef should have a nice wheaty, bread flavor and Kapuziner had the best that I've tasted recently. Sometimes hefs have a danger of being a bit too heavy, but Kapuziner was a nice, evenly balanced beer. Kapuziner has quicly moved to the top of the short list of my favorite beers so far in the 365brews project.

Prost!
Ian

http://www.kulmbacher.de/de/klbag/

No comments: