Friday, March 13, 2009

March 7, 2009: Himalaya Blue




Of all the legends of cryptids that come from all around the world, the Yeti seems the most plausible to me. Just in case you're not an unabashed nerd like myself, you probably aren't too familiar with the term "cryptid". Fear not; cryptid is simply a fancy word for mythological or fantasy creatures whose existence has not been proven conclusively.If Bigfoot really exists, he's finding more and more creative ways to elude mankind as his environment is rapidly shrinking. Loch Ness is a huge lake, but surely if the Loch Ness monster exists it would have been found by now. The Mothman? Give me a break. But the Yeti, now there's an beast that maybe has a shot of existing, thanks to the shelter of the massive Himalaya mountains. The largest mountain range on the face of the earth is surely enough cover for an elusive ape-like humanoid to live relatively undisturbed.

Why cryptid talk instead of beer talk, you ask? It's really quite simple. My beer for tonight is called Himalaya Blue, and it's not much to write about. I've been trying my best to comeup with something interesting to say about this beer itself, but I keep drawing a blank. If I had to describe Himalaya Blue in one word, I'd probably go with Putrid. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and the first photo in this post says it all. A sickly dull yellow and an almost completely transparent body equals no bueno for the beer man. Everything about this beer was all wrong, and I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach from the moment I purchased this beer, because I just knew that I was pissing my money away. I'm about a week behind in my posts because I've been wrestling with what to say about Himalaya Blue, the beer with no redeeming qualities. So, in the interest of the blog and my own sanity, I'm going to skip going into details about Himalaya Blue and leave you with this simple warning: Do not drink this beverage! It is not fit for human consumption, but maybe the Yeti will drink it.

A la Sature,
Ian

No comments: