Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 10, 2009: Cerveza Mexicali





















I'm going to be totally honest here.... I don't exactly remember this beer. Last night my friend Brooke turned 21 and we had pretty much one of the best parties ever at a hotel in downtown L.A. called "The Standard". I had the Cerveza Mexicali pretty early in the evening, so I could really take in the full flavor of the beer and give the beer the thoughtful analysis that the 365 beers projects demands. But realistically, when the night ends with someone from your entourage being kicked out of the club for puking on the floor, getting in an argument with a girl from Brooklyn about the weather, pants and underwear mysteriously disappearing and inviting people you've just met to come back to your suite to eat left over Subway sandwiches, you're not going to remember much about that one beer that you had at the beginning of the night.

I guess all I can go by is the assumption that if Cerveza Mexicali was any good, it would be worth remembering. Since I think I've already stated several times in this blog that I'm not a big cerveza guy, logic would dictate that Cerveza Mexicali probably didn't break the mold. Anyway, I think the pictures from this night can do more to describe the experience than I ever could just rambling about it, so enjoy!

Cheers,
Ian

p.s. Happy Birthday Brooke!

No comments: